A Kitchen Remodel Can Uplift Your Home’s Overall Appeal
It’s not surprising that home renovation projects often start in the kitchen. Every member of the family spends time here and has an opinion on how it can be more functional and attractive! From the layout, storage, and seating solutions, to the materials, fixtures and amenities, every aspect influences the aesthetic appeal and comfort of this space. The remodeling experts at Flegel’s Construction offer some ideas for luxurious and practical kitchens that cater to your cooking habits and complement your family’s lifestyle.
Kitchen Remodeling Ideas for a Successful Home Makeover
A cleverly planned and well-executed kitchen makeover will significantly improve the value and appeal of your home. When you discuss your project scope and examine top kitchen trends with a home renovation specialist, consider some of these factors:
- Designated activity spots:Mealtimes, entertaining guests, the kids’ homework, your home office, and many more activities take place in your kitchen. Depending on the overall space available, you can look at creating designated spots that can be useful for each family member and their requirements. For example:
- Get an island with an extended countertop to seat your kids in comfortable high-chairs and oversee their schoolwork or craft projects, while you cook.
- Build a cozy breakfast nook that serves as a less formal eating area for the entire family.
- Extend the cabinetry to add a built-in desk for creating a workspace, in the absence of a dedicated home office.
- Open layout: As the heart of your home where all things converge, your kitchen layout must promote easy movement and clear sight lines. Depending on the size of your home and the possibilities to build out or take over adjoining spaces, you may be able to achieve a beautiful, open-concept kitchen. This would allow you to keep an eye on young kids, even if they are in other areas of the home when you cook. Knocking down some walls will also help in blending and enlarging your cooking and entertaining areas for hosting friends and family.
- Comfortable cook space: Besides its many additional roles, your kitchen must do its core job of catering to your cooking habits and preferences.
- Thinking through the placement of your refrigerator, stove, and sink will allow you to achieve an ideal work triangle. This will promote better flow and movement to enable speedy, efficient prepping and cooking.
- Selecting durable and easy-clean materials for your countertops and cabinets will keep your kitchen clean and tidy. Eliminate the extra time and effort of cleaning stains and scuffs.
- Adding thoughtful storage solutions and amenities will increase your prep space and keep the kitchen clutter-free. An attractive cook space will seamlessly blend with the dining room, family room, and other areas of your open concept home.
Stunning Kitchen Makeovers by Trusted Home Remodeling Contractors
Renovating your kitchen is not just about changing out the countertops and cabinetry, upgrading the appliances and hardware, or applying a fresh coat of paint. It is also about enhancing the functionality of your cook space, to create a warm, welcoming environment for the entire family. At Flegel’s Construction Co., we are passionate about designing and delivering custom kitchens that reflect your personality and complement your lifestyle. Our team of innovative designers and master craftsmen focus on your requirements and deliver your dream cook space within the agreed timelines and budget.
Our renovation experts have successfully completed several fabulous kitchen transformations for homes across the Bay Area.
Ready to give the heart of your home a striking makeover? Hire the home remodeling experts at Flegel’s Construction. Schedule a consultation and contact us online.