Be the Proud Owner of an Eichler in Mountain View
Buy, Remodel, or Custom Build a Characteristically Charming Home
Exploring options to buy and remodel an Eichler? Planning a custom build for your Eichler-style home? These architectural gems feature an abundance of charm and character, along with other features that you typically look for in modern homes. Here’s a quick rundown on Eichlers in Mountain View, an area that offers exciting opportunities to buy, build or own this style of home.
Eichler Homes are Full of Charm, Style and Amenities
Symbolizing the mid-century modern style, Eichler homes upstaged several other architectural ideologies to become one of the most popular and affordable residences in the 1950s and 60s. Spread across Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area, Eichlers represented a new breed of construction that:
- Featured a minimalist design with flat roof lines and open concept layouts.
- Promoted indoor-outdoor living and plenty of natural light by incorporating skylights and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Offered distinctive façades with a characteristic pattern making Eichler homes easily recognizable.
With modern aesthetics, visionary design, and the ability to build entire Eichler communities, architect Joseph Eichler created legendary homes that remain highly desirable even today. With a few modifications and upgrades, an expertly remodeled Eichler could give contemporary home styles stiff competition in every aspect of design and functionality.
Where Can You Find Eichlers in Mountain View?
Fascinated with the idea of owning a bright, airy Eichler home, and updating it with luxurious designs and modern conveniences? Check out the two large developments in Mountain View, CA that together feature over 275 Eichler residences.
- The Fairview tract: There are over 200 Eichlers, built in the mid-1950s in the Monta Loma neighborhood. Find them on Quincy Drive, Emmons Drive, Richard Court, Thaddeus Drive, Nedson Court, Thompson Avenue, Benjamin Drive, Victory Avenue, Dell Avenue, and Alvin Street. Most homes feature 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. In this subdivision, you may also find Mackay Homes and Mardell homes that have a certain resemblance to Eichlers, since one of their designers was originally an Eichler architect.
- The Bell Meadows tract: This area houses around 75 Eichlers, most of them along Eichler Court, Trophy Drive, and Eichler Drive. Built in the early 1970s, these homes are relatively larger, and offer an extra bedroom as compared to the ones in the Monta Loma neighborhood.
Bay Area’s Premier Remodeling Contractor for Eichler Home Upgrades
The team of passionate designers and skilled craftsmen at Flegel’s Construction Co. have over 30 years of experience in building and remodeling homes. We specialize in repairing and upgrading Eichlers, and comply with the applicable guidelines for retaining their characteristic charm. From adding or upgrading rooms, to improving energy efficiency, and repairing structural elements, we can meet the renovation goals for your Eichler home.
Happy Eichler home owners across Mountain View, CA admire our creative solutions, professional touches, and unparalleled customer service.
Upgrading an Eichler home in Mountain View or other areas in the Bay Area? Hire the trusted Eichler remodeling experts at Flegel’s Construction. Contact us online to discuss your custom home renovation project.