Custom Home Construction Starts with a Solid Plan
As exciting as it is to design and construct your dream home, building a new home from the ground up is a complex project that requires a comprehensive construction plan. Finding suitable land and a trusted contractor is just the beginning of your new home construction journey. The experts at Flegel’s Construction share the key steps in building a new Bay Area home.
Top Considerations for a New Build in the Bay Area
- Land and contractor selection: If you are considering a teardown to rebuild your luxury dream home, you may already be a few steps ahead in your new home construction journey. However, if you are looking for a piece of land in the high-demand Bay Area, it is no easy task. The processes around regulatory compliances, land development regulations, and building permits can be tedious and time consuming. Hiring a knowledgeable and competent custom home contractor is one of the most crucial steps in building a new home in the Bay Area.
- Design considerations: Seeing your dream home come to life can be an extremely satisfying process, especially when every aspect of the home caters to your specific needs, lifestyle, and preferences. While going through the design and planning process with your new build contractors, it is important to consider:
- Architectural styles: Selecting your preferred architectural style is a critical aspect of planning your new build. Whether it is Craftsman, Queen Anne, Monterey-Revival, Eichler-inspired Mid Century Modern, Contemporary or some other style, your custom home can be exactly what you want it to be.
- Privacy elements and views: Plan for practical layouts and natural light-maximizing solutions, without compromising on views, safety or privacy. Think skylights, atriums, sunrooms, or indoor – outdoor living with glass walls, outdoor kitchens and so on.
- Aesthetic elements: Finalizing the aesthetic elements for a long list of features and fixtures in your home interiors and exteriors is exciting. It involves making color choices, materials, finishes, décor themes and various other aspects.
- Fixtures and amenities: Plan for lifestyle-friendly solutions that enhance your quality of living. Think about modern conveniences and smart, Wi-Fi-enabled homes where you can remotely control lighting, entry-exit points, and appliances.
Hire the Bay Area’s Trusted Contractors for Your Custom New Build
Whether it is the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, living areas or outdoor spaces and home exteriors, every part of your new build requires careful planning and execution. At Flegel’s we have over three decades of experience in constructing attractive, high-quality, custom homes to the exact specifications of our clients. Whether it is a tear-down and re-build, new construction, or a home addition, we take on projects of any scale and complexity.
Our new home building team consists of skilled and qualified architects, engineers, designers, and tradespeople who offer:
- Comprehensive design-build services: We can partner with you from start to finish or at any point in your new home construction journey. We also offer construction consulting services to maximize the efficiency of your project.
- High quality construction: We promise creative designs, superior craftsmanship, and professional finishes. Our 12-month post-build plan promptly addresses any adjustments required while your newly built home settles.
- Efficient project management and execution: We have the local knowledge and expertise to ensure hassle-free permits and approvals. We are always mindful of your timelines and budget.
Check out how our past luxury custom home projects delivered on style, comfort and appeal. We offer design-build services throughout the Bay Area, including, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Redwood City, Redwood Shores, San Jose, Sunnyvale, and Los Altos, CA.
For well-planned, stress-free custom home construction, partner with the creative and experienced new home contractors at Flegel’s. Contact us online to discuss your requirements. We can guide you on all the steps in building a new Bay Area home.