The Best Luxury New Home Building Experience is Hard to Come By
Your Choice of Contractor Makes All the Difference
Planning your custom luxury new home building project? What should you expect? It’s possible you’ve heard some horror stories from family and friends. Some well-wishers may even advise you to choose a fully constructed home versus building one from scratch, but there’s nothing like seeing your dream turn into reality. Getting the best luxury new home building experience starts with choosing a trusted contractor with a stellar reputation for custom home construction.
How to Get the Best Luxury New Home Building Experience – Useful Tips
What can be more exciting than watching the home of your dreams taking shape right before your eyes? With a little research and careful planning, you can nail your chance of enjoying a great experience.
- Build or buy: When you are in the market for a luxury home, it’s important to take your time and consider all aspects. Even after you think you have decided to build, it is wise to pause and rethink. After all, building a new home isn’t just the contractor and architect’s responsibility; it requires a huge commitment of time, money and effort on your part as well. Think carefully about whether you want to buy a previously owned property and remodel it instead of commissioning a new build.
- Plan, plan, plan: Give plenty of thought to every minute detail of your new luxury home. From the site plan and floor plan, to the amenities, features and other elements of interior design, create a list that reflects your individual style and preferences. Think of everything that you need in your new home, today and in the future.
Choose the right contractor:
- Make sure that you extensively research the contractors in your chosen area and ask for referrals from family and friends.
- Look for contractors who have firsthand experience building the kind of luxury home you envision.
- Review the credentials of your shortlisted contractors. Don’t hesitate to ask for client testimonials or site visits to completed projects.
- Get a sense of the design and construction team that will work with you through the lengthy process of building a new home. Ensure that the people you will be interacting with are experienced, trustworthy, and easy to work with.
- Review your contract: Don’t just read through the contract; review all terms and conditions in detail before signing. Check that all your specifications are included in the contract and cost estimate. Assess all the clauses for project completion and delays. Speak to the contractor about any grey areas and ask for necessary modifications. Setting the right expectations at the beginning of the process is important for ensuring a smooth home building experience.
- Make informed decisions: Building a custom, luxury home needs your focus and attention, even after you have signed on a contractor. From time to time, you need to make decisions on design changes, ongoing construction activity, choice of materials, and so on. Carve out time from your schedule to consider all the alternatives and make decisions wisely. Getting it right the first time will save you time and money, instead of changing your mind subsequently.
- Carefully inspect the completed project: Most custom home builders provide an inspection and walk-through once the construction is complete. Pay attention to the details and review whether every aspect of the plan is in place. Invest in a home inspection to make sure that everything is in working order. Review your warranties with the builder and make a list of the coverages available from the builder or product manufacturers. This list will be very handy in the future.
Hire a Trusted Contractor to Build Your Luxury New Home
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we have over 30 years of experience in constructing new homes to your exact specifications. We build and deliver stylish homes with quality materials and high-end finishes, on-time and on-budget. Our innovative architects and master craftsmen offer superior designs and flawless execution to make your luxury new build truly one-of-a-kind.
You can check out some of the luxury custom homes that we have constructed in and around the Bay Area including the Palo Alto, San Jose, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View and San Jose areas.
Want to get the best luxury new home building experience? Call 408-269-1101 to schedule a consultation or contact us online.
experienced contractor, new home builders, new home construction