Tips for Selecting a Custom Home Builder
One of the most critical decisions you will make about your custom home is selecting the right builder for the job. Compare the services offered by different companies to be clear about what you are paying for, what to expect, and how the process works. The design and construction project can be complex, and you want it done within your budget, and on time. The ideal building partner understands your needs, helping you confidently navigate the process to ultimately deliver your dream space. Here are some key considerations when selecting a custom homebuilder.
- Credentials: Look for depth of experience, check licenses and ask about professional affiliations. Seasoned professionals have a reputation to protect and are more likely to execute the project according to plan.
- Quality: This is your dream home and you may live here for many years. You don’t want to deal with the inconvenience of frequent breakdowns and ongoing repair expenses. Examine the track record of your shortlisted builders and ask about the type of construction materials they will use. An investment in quality today will offer years of comfortable living, and fetch top dollar if you decide to sell.
- Customer service: Building a custom home requires a significant investment of time and money. Choose a team that takes the time to listen to your needs, answers questions, and provides information to help you make informed decisions. This will give you an indication of the type of customer service you can expect.
- Communication: Established home builders in Silicon Valley know that transparent, clear and ongoing communication is vital to timely project completion and customer satisfaction. They will use a variety of methods including in-person meetings, phone and online communications to provide updates and answer queries.
- References: Ask for references from previous clients and be sure to check them out. We recommend going to construction sites (if possible) and homes they have built. Take a close look at their work and material quality. Speak to crewmembers, if you get the chance, to assess whether you will be comfortable working with them.
- Take your time: Carefully evaluate all the information you have from potential builders. Trust your instincts and avoid contractors that try to rush your decision with high pressure sales tactics.
Custom Home Builder Offering Personalized Service
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we treat your building project like our own. Your custom home will receive the personal attention of our owner, Scott. Pre-build discussions, weekly site meetings, easy accessibility and constant communication will keep you informed at every stage. With quality materials and skilled workmanship, our services will exceed your expectations. Our crew focuses on the little things that you might not even notice! We look forward to the opportunity to make your dream home a reality.
We value our happy customers in Palo Alto, Los Altos, San Jose, Cupertino and Mountain View, CA who continue to refer us to their family members and friends.
Call 408-269-1101 or contact us online to inquire about our custom home builder services in the Silicon Valley area.