Trends in Bay Area Home Renovation
Quality Workmanship by Home Renovation Contractors
Upgrading Your Bay Area Property to Match the Latest Trends
Even as Bay Area real estate prices continue to climb, homeowners are spending more on upgrading their properties. There are many reasons for this surge in home improvement expenditure. Many families are expanding their existing living space to make room for their next generation Millennials. Some may seek a more luxurious lifestyle, while others may be preparing for a sale. If a home upgrade is in the cards for you, it may help to be aware of these 5 important trends highlighted by trusted home renovation contractors.
- Outdoor rooms for entertainment: Are you looking to expand your living or entertainment space? An outdoor living room is an easy, stylish way to increase your square footage, especially if you have a yard with empty or unused space. You can also explore trendy patio and deck design ideas.
- Family space and privacy: As your family grows and matures, your needs will change. Teenagers may want a space to hang out with their friends. A newborn baby will need a nursery. An aging senior may require a bedroom on the main floor to avoid stairs. When planning your home expansion, think about the activities various family members will engage in and implement a design that works best for everyone. High quality home renovations will add to your home’s aesthetic appeal and market value.
- Bring in more natural light: A brighter home is more inviting. Not only does natural light benefit your health, it can improve your home’s sustainability by lessening your need for artificial light. Some popular trends include glass extensions and replacing outer kitchen walls with glass and metal doors. You can open up your view of the outdoors and enjoy the California sunshine. Increase the size of your windows and install skylights in your family room, bedroom, or dining area to flood your home with natural light. Discover unique designs for outdoor rooms, skillfully implemented by our talented team.
- Think solar: Many homes are going solar and it makes perfect money sense. Solar energy can be very cost-effective for your home budget. You may be able to reduce your electricity bills by up to 80%. Tax rebates can help offset your installation costs.
- Install low water use landscapes: Given California’s history of drought, many homeowners are opting for low water use gardens to maintain curb appeal all year round. Explore the abundant beauty of native plants that require little or no irrigation. The key to a beautiful garden is not only the plants you select, but also how you put them together. Colorful cactus, silvery foliage, wildflowers, ornamental grasses, and more can contribute to a stunning, water-efficient and easy to maintain landscape.
Why Choose Our Home Renovation Company
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we consider renovating your home a privilege. We work closely with you to understand your goals and provide quality touches that make your property stand out.
As Eichler home renovation specialists, we have the expertise to preserve its unique, mid-century architectural features and give your home a modern touch. We are happy to work with your designer/architect on your Eichler home renovation.
With over 30 years’ experience as a home remodeling contractor, we have a track record of exceeding customer expectations. These testimonials from our happy clients in Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Menlo Park and San Mateo, CA speak for our exceptional work and service quality.
Call 408-269-1101 or contact us online to learn about the services offered by our home renovation contractors in the Bay Area.