Initiating a Home Renovation Project During COVID-19
Stay Safe and Remain Patient
While the coronavirus pandemic continues, initiating your home renovation project necessitates several key considerations. How will you finalize a suitable home remodeling contractor, without meeting them in person or doing site walkthroughs of their completed projects? How will you minimize the risks associated with people outside your bubble entering your home? The experts at Flegel’s Construction offer some tips for managing potential obstacles and staying safe throughout your home makeover process.
Tips for a Safe, Cost-Efficient Home Makeover in the Era of COVID-19
The ongoing coronavirus crisis has led to several innovative business practices that one would never have imagined until a year ago. From home delivery of items that you could only ever buy at bricks-and-mortar stores, to purchasing vehicles and homes via virtual walkthroughs, COVID-19 has led to a complete transformation of how we shop and conduct business. The pandemic has also compelled many homeowners to modify their homes and make them more suitable for the stay-at-home and work-from-home lifestyle.
If you are thinking of initiating a home renovation project during COVID-19, here are some aspects to consider:
- Assess and finalize a contractor virtually: Many professional home remodeling contractors now offer introductory meetings through Facetime or Zoom. This is a great opportunity for you to assess their portfolios and capabilities and ‘walk’ them through your home to explain your renovation goals or discuss your ideas. Use the virtual call as an opportunity to understand a few important things, such as:
- How do they operate in light of COVID-19 related restrictions and challenges?
- What kind of questions do they ask? Do their queries reflect their ability to design and deliver to your specifications?
- What type of work have they done in the past? Can they connect you with past customers virtually?
- How will they ensure that every crew member working in your home follows the basic protocols of hand hygiene, mask-wearing, and physical distancing?
- Expect certain COVID-19 related limitations:In light of the pandemic related logistical challenges, production issues, and added safety measures, some aspects of your project may need continuous monitoring and creative solutions. Home remodeling companies that have a dedicated project consultation team are better equipped to handle such situations efficiently. Whether it is labor shortages, price hikes, or delays in material deliveries or city permits, project management specialists can help in addressing all aspects of your home renovation project through:
- Proactive planning of backup solutions
- Quick problem-solving for unexpected issues
- Efficient coordination between contractors, tradespeople, and suppliers
- Prompt reallocation of on-site resources
Remember, when you are initiating a home renovation project during COVID-19, it is all about resourceful planning and constant communication between you and your chosen home remodeling specialist.
Fabulous Home Makeovers by the Bay Area’s Trusted Home Remodeling Contractors
At Flegel’s, we specialize in designing and delivering luxurious and functional spaces in line with your lifestyle, preferences and budget. Innovative designs, outstanding craftsmanship, and unparalleled customer service are the hallmarks of our custom home remodeling projects throughout the Bay Area.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have modified our processes and approach to prioritize safety for our employees, contractors and clients.
- Our rigorous hygiene protocols align with public health and safety guidelines, as well as other industry-specific regulations in the context of COVID-19.
- We take the utmost care and precautions to minimize any risks. Our goal is to ensure the safe and efficient completion of every home remodeling project that we undertake during these challenging times.
- Our teams maintain an open and transparent line of communication throughout the project lifecycle. We will keep you updated on the progress of your project every step of the way.
Ready to customize your Palo Alto/ Bay Area home and initiate your home renovation project? For reliable and quality makeovers, hire the home renovation experts at Flegel’s Construction Co. Call us at 408-269-1101 to discuss your requirements or request a virtual home renovation walkthrough today.