Green Home Remodeling and Renovation
Make Your Home Energy-Smart and Eco-Friendly
Improving your Bay Area home’s energy efficiency is more complex than changing out a few light bulbs. A professional green home remodeling and renovation contractor can review various interrelated factors that impact your energy consumption and conservation capabilities. This could include insulation, windows and doors, lighting, water heater, cooling systems, electronic appliances, and more. At Flegel’s, our green home remodeling experts help you maximize your renovation dollars, and successfully reduce your ecological footprint
Key Steps in Achieving an Eco-Friendly Home
We follow a systematic approach to help you achieve the green home you desire.
- First, we establish a baseline of your existing energy consumption and come up with a proposal that best meets your renovation goals.
- Next, our creative architects will go to work designing your spaces to deliver on your planned green goals.
- Our master craftsmen will then skillfully execute your project to meet the agreed upon timeline and budget.
Step 1: Energy Audit: As the first step in your green home remodeling journey, our experts carry out a detailed energy audit to find out your home’s current energy consumption. This includes a review of the insulation levels, quality of doors and windows, water heater, air conditioning, lights, appliances, and energy bills over the past year or so.
Step 2: Project Scoping: Next, we use energy modeling to create a zero-energy retrofit plan. This means arriving at a target R-value for insulation, U-value for windows, and minimum desired efficiency of energy-consuming equipment and appliances. We provide a quote for each proposed measure to help you finalize your renovation budget. You can pick and choose the most cost-effective projects that best meet your energy conservation requirements.
Step 3: Project Execution: Depending on the final scope, our team of innovative architects and skilled craftsmen carry out the project as defined. Here are some of the green initiatives that we think are most impactful:
- Upgrading the insulation in the ceiling, attic, crawl spaces, siding, and walls.
- Replacing all the light bulbs with energy-efficient LED or CFL bulbs. Consider motion sensor or timer-based lighting, or skylight installation, wherever possible.
- Using environment-friendly paints with low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Installing solar panels and switching your primary power source to solar energy.
- Replacing old windows with energy-efficient ones.
- Conducting complete weatherization of your home and replacing the doors, where air leaks are not containable.
- Upgrading old electrical appliances with newer, smarter, energy-saving versions.
- Installing a smart thermostat with intelligent features to control your heating and air conditioning.
- Using green building materials while adding rooms or building additional structures. We work with several eco-friendly materials, including hempcrete, bamboo, adobe, and composite products made from recycled wood and other green materials.
Go Green with Experienced Home Remodeling and Renovation Contractors
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we have over two decades of experience in green home remodeling and renovations. Meticulous project planning, innovative designs, and quality workmanship are the hallmarks of our service. We deliver all projects to your complete satisfaction.
Our renovation experts continue to serve a growing roster of happy customers across the Bay Area. Check out our many successful projects in Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose, Saratoga, Portola Valley, and Los Altos, CA.
Looking for an experienced green home remodeling and renovation contractor or new home builder to reduce the environmental impact of your Bay Area home? Contact us online.