Explore the Future of Smart Homes
Remodeling your home or building your dream home from the ground up? Why not make your life easier, more convenient, and ultra-efficient by bringing your home into the digital age? From tunable mood lighting and smartphone-controlled appliances, to robot chefs and self-cleaning toilets, there are numerous ways to smarten up your living spaces, improve your lifestyle, and become more energy efficient. The experts at Flegel’s explore some of the most interesting technical innovations for the high-tech home.
Top Ideas to Convert Your Home into a Smart Home
Smart home technology has been around for several years. However, the advances in touchless technology, voice automation, sensor-based controls, and seamless AI-integration capabilities are giving a completely new dimension to the future of smart homes.
Here are some key technical innovations for the high-tech home that are already available on the market:
- Washing machines that send prompts to your smartphone to reorder detergent when they are running low
- Dishwashers that use a specialized mineral compound to dry plastic items more efficiently
- Refrigerators with cameras that allow you a peek at the contents while you are in the middle of grocery shopping, or suggest recipes based on your in-stock contents
- Touchless or voice activated faucets and antimicrobial surfaces that keep your cooking areas sanitized
- Kitchen islands outfitted with induction stoves that sense pan sizes and modify the temperature
- An app-enhanced bed system that collects sleep data and adjusts your mattress or pillows to improve your future ‘sleeping experience’
- Touchscreen toasters that flash-toast and evenly brown, without making that slice of bread chewy or dry.
- Sensor-based coffee machines that measure cup sizes to create the perfect cup of your favorite brew.
- Powerful, self-emptying robotic vacuum cleaners that make home cleaning a breeze, even in homes with furry friends. Some smart cleaners also switch between mop and vacuum mode based on different floor surfaces.
- Voice monitored smart tech that connects with digital assistants for warming up toilet seats.
- TV walls that let you assemble your own display to any size on any surface.
- Furniture pieces integrated with wireless charging technology that helps you do away with portable chargers and trailing cables.
- Smart mirrors that convert to touchscreen devices, letting you browse, check emails, watch videos, or use apps directly on the surfaces.
- Smartphone apps that allow you to control indoor temperatures, appliances, lights, locks, and even outdoor irrigation systems.
With appliance manufacturers heavily focusing on robotics research, here are some of the technical innovations that are in the works:
- Kitchen robots that can take care of menial tasks, such as loading or unloading dishwashers.
- Smart apps that help cooks perfect their slicing, dicing, basting, or braising skills by tracking your existing techniques and offering voice-enabled pointers for improvement.
- Virtual touchscreens that can project on any surface including kitchen storage shelves or wardrobes.
Updating your home in keeping with the latest digital technology trends translates to higher energy efficiency, heightened home security, greater flexibility in routine, improved appliance functionality, and better home management insights. Are you ready to convert your home to a smart home?
Go Digital with Bay Area’s Leading Home Building and Remodeling Contractors
At Flegel’s, we have decades of experience in new home building and remodeling throughout the Bay Area. Innovative designs, meticulous planning, and quality craftsmanship are the hallmarks of all our projects. Whether it is home automation systems, motion sensors, smart security options, automated climate control or other innovative technologies, we can incorporate a wide range of smart features into your home.
Contact us online to discuss your smart home projects. Our team will help you choose the best options to meet your safety needs, enhance your lifestyle and update your home with technical innovations for the digital era.