Don’t Limit Your Remodeling to a Kitchen Contractor
As you plan your kitchen update, have you considered how to coordinate the changes with connecting rooms — or your whole home for that matter? Architectural details, colors, and materials can pull together a cohesive look, even if their design inspirations are decades apart. At Flegel’s Construction, we go beyond what a kitchen contractor can do, by facilitating comfortable family lifestyles. While they tend to be the most popular, kitchen makeovers are a big part of home renovations. So, when you partner with our design team, we consider nearby rooms, the outdoors, and the rest of your home.
How to Rethink the Kitchen with Your Whole Home in Mind
Often, homeowners hire a kitchen contractor to change cabinetry, install new appliances and change the flooring. While these may be part of your remodeling task list, why limit your kitchen makeover to these changes? For a true transformation, think beyond the space within your kitchen. You can blend your new kitchen design with elements in connecting rooms for greater impact.
Here are a few considerations we take into account to ensure your dream kitchen matches the form and functionality your family needs:
- Add elements that match the architectural detail of the adjacent rooms. Custom cabinets and countertops that coordinate with woodwork in your adjoining living room or family room minimize differences to create consistency in the overall look of the space.
- Do you have a traditional fireplace? Kitchen wall and floor tiles with a similar look and feel can help ensure a seamless look. For example, vintage ceramic floor tiles convey a rustic look in the most modern kitchen.
- Enjoy custom kitchen remodeling for Eichler homes. If you own an Eichler home, we can integrate a kitchen design that won’t mar the distinctive open concept feel. Glass backsplashes, white marble counters, and white or neutral cabinets update your kitchen while blending in with distinctive Eichler architectural elements. We’ll also take advantage of natural light streaming through your floor-to-ceiling glass walls.
- Consider statement lighting fixtures. Match the pendant lights that hang over new countertops and islands with the lighting scheme in your living room or dining room. Statement lighting can help tie together an open floor plan.
- Plan for a spacious look. Kitchens designed in the 70s and 80s often feel isolated and restricting to modern families. Our licensed contractors can execute a more efficient layout that doesn’t cut off the chef from conversations and social activity in adjoining rooms.
- Do you need more storage? You don’t have to double the size of your kitchen for more storage opportunities. However, our experienced contractors can add on space to expand your kitchen or blend it in with your outdoor living area. You can have a place for everything and everything in its place!
Let’s Think Beyond Your Kitchen for a Stunning Home Makeover
Get the help you need for a kitchen that fits your lifestyle. At Flegel’s Construction, we can help you achieve an Insta-worthy kitchen with improved functionality, luxurious aesthetics, and homey elements that make your guests feel welcome.
Contact us when you need a contractor who understands that kitchen makeovers are a big part of home renovations. We serve customers throughout San Jose, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Campbell, and Palo Alto.