Tips for Planning a New Kitchen’s Storage Needs
Top Tips for Planning Your New Kitchen’s Storage Needs
Ensure an Efficient, Cost-Effective Kitchen Remodel
Drawing up a wish list for your dream kitchen may be easy when it comes to your preferred layout, lighting, appliances, or paint color. However, visualizing practical and space-efficient cabinetry can be challenging. The makeover specialists at Flegel’s offer useful tips to help you plan the storage space in your new kitchen.
Boost Your Kitchen’s Function and Appeal with the Right Cabinetry
Kitchen remodeling is one of the most exciting projects in home improvement. A successful remodel involves:
- Finding a reliable kitchen remodeling contractor
- Communicating your problem areas and wish list, and
- Making the all-important design decisions
Kitchen cabinetry is one of the most visible elements in your cook space. At the very least, you will have one wall dedicated to shelving and storage. Which means, cabinetry-related modifications play a significant role in the end-result of your kitchen renovation project.
Here are our top tips for planning a new kitchen’s storage needs:
- Choose cabinetry according to function: Once you finalize the kitchen layout with your remodeling contractor, you will have a general idea of the available storage space and the location of your major appliances. This is the time to decide on the cabinetry according to your lifestyle and kitchen usage. What do you want within an arm’s reach? For example, wouldn’t it be practical to plan storage for the cooking utensils and supplies closer to the stove, and wine glass shelves closer to the refrigerator? Basing your decisions on better functionality will make your work in the kitchen quick, easy, and efficient.
- Plan cabinetry types: Whether it is open shelves, closed door cabinetry, tall pullouts, drawers, or corner cabinets, each accommodates different types of storage. While some may need static shelves or racks, others could house revolving racks or some other useful features. Deciding the split between different types of cabinetry and internal arrangements will help you enhance the functionality of your kitchen. For example, consider adding trash pullouts, silverware organizers, sponge racks, and other such handy features while planning your new kitchen’s storage needs.
- Maximize space: Determine your basic storage requirements based on:
- Your cooking style
- Typical ingredients and the number and size of the utensils you use
- Appliances, tools, and equipment that you work with
Detailing your storage needs will help you take advantage of every available inch. For example, an extra 6 to 8 inches available on the side or corner of your cabinetry wall could make for a great wine bottle rack. You could compartmentalize the same space a little differently to store baking sheets, cookbooks, or recipe cards.
Make Your Kitchen Cabinetry Work for You
In addition to storage decisions, your kitchen remodeling specialists will help you make design decisions on cabinetry paneling, door styles, colors, materials, hardware, and other related components. As experts in their field, they will also propose options for usage, flow, physical infrastructure, and other aesthetic aspects. However, as homeowners, you know your requirements best. Detailing your wish list and providing timely feedback will help your contractor deliver a truly functional space that meets your vision and lifestyle.
Quality Kitchen Makeovers with Bay Area’s Top Remodeling Contractors
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we have decades of experience in delivering custom kitchen makeovers. We build cook spaces that are luxurious, lifestyle-friendly, and practical. Our team of skilled architects and master craftsmen deliver impeccable designs and superior finishes to make your dream kitchen a reality.
Happy homeowners across the Bay Area count on us for our systematic project planning, outstanding craftsmanship, and consistent customer service. If you’re looking for inspiring ideas, talk to our team about the latest trends in kitchen remodeling.
For an efficient, stress-free kitchen renovation, count on Flegel’s Construction, Silicon Valley’s premier home remodeling contractors. Contact us online to schedule a consultation.