Explore 2019’s New Home and Renovation Trends
Hire an Experienced Remodeling Contractor for Your Project
Remodeling your home or designing a new one can be exciting. You started with an exhaustive wish list and have taken the time to separate the must-haves from the would-be-nice. Did you check out what styles are ‘in’ this year?
For instance, experts say that while grey and beige will still be around, a warmer palette with more vibrant accent colors is trending in 2019. With more homeowners looking to express their unique personalities through home décor, you can also explore your colorful, whimsical side, and have fun with your remodel or home design.
Not sure how or where to begin? Our home improvement contractors have listed the top new home and renovation trends in 2019 to help guide your decisions.
10 Home Design Trends to Transform Your Space
- Bold flooring with bigger tiles: Update your home, starting with the flooring. In 2019, you will see large tiles replicating the rich and warm wood look taking center stage. Eye-catching patterns, shapes like fish scales and designs such as herringbone, will gain popularity. This year, it’s all about getting creative and having fun.
- Warm paint colors: Spicier and warmer colors are set to rule. With Living Coral being the Pantone color of the year, rich and lively shades of orange and pink will energize home décor. Millennial pink, a hit in 2018, continues to gain attention in creative ways. Tonal reds are a great way to make your home more warm and inviting. You can also opt for bold and burnt yellows or organic greens to give previously muted furnishings and accents a new pop.
- Matte finishes: From cars to furniture, kitchen appliances and bath accessories, matte finishes are here to stay. Warmer tones and their ability to hide dirt and water spots might have something to do with it. Those shiny surfaces, they are passé!
- Automated kitchens: Appliances with touch and swipe controls are hot. Bluetooth technology is also gaining popularity. It allows you to synchronize cooking times for the microwave, range and oven so that all your dishes are ready at the same time. Would you like to automatically turn on the lights and vents when cooking? You can! Black, white, dark blue and even gold (with matte finish) are trending colors for appliances.
- Statement quartz countertops: Move over granite, quartz is taking over. It is hardier and easier to maintain. The latter’s resemblance to natural stone and availability in several colors also account for its growing popularity. Opt for warm and energetic tones like terracotta for a rich look. If there is one thing to splurge on, it is your kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Impressive bathrooms: We’re not talking size but attitude. From small powder rooms to master baths and guest washrooms, it is all about making a big style statement. And bathtubs are making a huge comeback with many homeowners expanding the size of the room to accommodate it. Despite the preference for a warmer palette, bold black bathrooms are all the rage. Another trend is statement walls with vibrant geometric and floral patterns that add drama to the space. Add a sophisticated piece of fine art to create a focal point in your personal spa if you don’t want to go all out.
- Natural elements: Wood, stone, copper, concrete and granite replace the tech-obsessed décor that was a shout-out to the Jetsons in 2018. Geometric concrete tiles will be a hot trend as will copper and brass accents. Say goodbye to rose gold.
- 70’s décor: Warm palettes, velvet furnishings, funky textures and floral and geometric patterns all give a nod to the 70’s décor. Four-poster or canopy beds bring a sense of comfort and coziness to your bedroom and are also in demand.
- Glass and steel room dividers: Open floor plans will continue to be popular but with glass and metal divisions that provide light and an illusion of space. Both materials are favored because they add visual interest and define space without making it feel cramped.
- Dream outdoor spaces: With homeowners looking to spend more time outdoors, many are focusing on their backyards first. Expanding your living space out into your patio or garden means decorating it with comfortable and stylish furnishings, just as you would indoors. Natural materials like wood, stone and concrete and nature-inspired tones will dominate the outdoor retreat. Metal-inspired styles will contrast the natural backyard scenery.
Hire the Bay Area’s Top Contractor for Quality Home Renovations
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we have extensive experience with remodeling and new home construction. Count on us to create stylish and comfortable personalized spaces in which you can relax with family and enjoy entertaining friends. Our quality touches will make your home truly one of a kind. With unmatched craftsmanship and consistent customer service, we continue to serve a growing roster of delighted customers in Palo Alto and across the Bay Area.